Easy Set Squirrel Trap 1 Spring Door
Best Used For:
- Wild Rabbits
Trapping nuisance animals has never been easier! Patented Easy Set® technology allows you to set your trap with one pull of a lever. Expert-tested and proven effective, Havahart® Easy Set® traps are the most robust traps on the market, contructed with rust-resistant galvanized steel and strudy hardware, making the handling experience safe and comfortable.
Easy to Set & Release
Simply bait the trap and then pull back the Easy Set® lever to set it with a single hand. The trip plate's sensitivity targets the animal's specific size and weight, while a solid spring-loaded door ensures a quick and secure capture. To release, just stand to the rear of the cage and pull back the Easy Set® lever. It's that easy - no more destructive digging, and no more tipped trash cans!
SAFE FOR YOU AND THE ANIMAL
Inside the cage, smooth, rounded edges and a strudy door lock keep the animal safely inside, while a solid hand guard limits contact with the carrier. And a rigid carry handle makes it easy to carry even large animals at a safe distance.
Trap at a Glance:
- Durable, rust resistant Easy Set Trap lets you set and release with just one hand.
- Features a solid plate covering the top and doors that serves as a hand guard.
- Sturdy door lock ensures that the animal won't escape.
- A rigid, plastic carry handle makes it easy to transport, holding it away from your body.
- Spring-loaded door and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures.
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
Squirrels: 1-2 drops anise oil or almond extract on bread; cracked walnuts or peanuts; peanut butter on a piece of bread.
Rabbits: Carrots; lettuce; apples; rabbit pellets.
Skunks: Greasy chicken bones; canned fish; cheesy popcorn; crisp bacon.
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
Patented East Set® Lever:
Set or release in one step
Solid Hand Guard:
Protect hand from animal contact
Sensitive Trip Plate:
Specific for capturing large animals
Sturdy Door Lock:
Keeps the animal from escaping
Patented East Set® Lever:
High-tensile; strong and rust resistant
Sensitivity Screw to Target Specific Sized Animals
This sensitivity screw allows you to tailor the trip force of the trap to the target animal. For small animals like squirrels that require more sensitivity to trip the trap, turn the sensitivity screw to the left (-). Larger animals like skunks need less sensitivity, so turn the screw to the right (+), generating a less sensitive trip action. The sensitivity screw gives you the opportunity to catch only the animals you want.
- For trapping small rabbits and skunks, squirrels, mink and similar-size nuisance animals
- Easy Set/Release design allows one-handed operation, ideal for first-time trappers
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals
- Efficacy proven in extensive field testing means higher catch rate and fewer escapes
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use with instructions and tips on baits and trap setting included